Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Hello my faithful followers! I've been extra busy these past couple of days helping some of my best friends pack up their house to move so I've been neglecting the blog again. No worries though. They're moving 12 hours away tomorrow and I don't really hangout with anyone around here as much as I hang out with them. As sad as I am to see them leave, I am thankful that the Army brought us together and that we were able to make such fantastic life-long friends in a short period of time.

Paul and Magen moved to Georgia around the same time that Hubster and I did. When we first met, I never expected us to become friends. They are several years older than us, well at least several years older than me and have a slightly different lifestyle. I was pregnant with our first child and they didn't have kids or have any interest in having them. Magen worked a full-time job while I stayed at home with the babies. When V was 4 days old, we went to their house for a BBQ which I was not at all thrilled about because I didn't want my brand new baby out and getting sick.

Fast track almost three years. We've spent countless holidays together. They've been my babysitter in emergency situations. They love my girls as if they were their own. In February, they will be Baby A's God parents. We've decided to have yearly reunions and already plan on getting together at least three times next year.

I'm so thankful that thanks to the Army, people have been brought into my life that have become more like family than friends.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing stories of friends that become family! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!