Since I'm approaching a large milestone, I figured it might be a good idea to attempt to focus on my blog some more. Between moving to Hawaii, getting settled into the new house, and making care packages, I haven't had a ton of time to dedicated to blogging. Part of this has to do with the fact that I had NO idea how much time selling these care packages would take. While Hubs was deployed, putting together care packages was something that I would do to pass the time. And boy, does the time pass as I'm cutting and gluing.
Last night, Hubster and his friends had a
Before the end of April, these are a few of things I'd like to focus on:
- Write more consistent and well thought out posts. Using a blogging calendar and scheduling blog posts in advance helps me get this done. If I know what I'm going to write about before I sit down, and I have a few days to get it done, it always comes out 100 times better.
- Use better photos. Across the internet lately, I've seen many people (especially moms) talking about using their cameras versus their cell phones for photos. Although I usually carry my camera around, whipping out my cell phone from my back pocket is so much easier. Cell phone pictures suck.
- Read more blogs. I have a hard time finding a block of time to read. I use to read and comment almost on a daily basis, and now it's become like a once a week thing. I've missed lots of fun link ups in the process also. Hopefully, with some better organization, I can devote more time.
- The above statement goes for social media also. I know it can be a time suck, but I seriously feel like I've missed a ton of exciting announcements through Twitter and Instagram. I feel slightly guilty that I get on, load my tweet or photo, scroll a little, and then put it away.
- Revamp this page. In addition to possibly getting a new design, I'm thinking I might want to go through my tags and clean those out. My pages could probably use some work too. I can't think of the last time I updated my about me page.
Visit my wonderful sponsor: