Who else is excited that college football is finally here?! I've been waiting since January for this! There is nothing like ESPN College Game Day on a Saturday morning.
We'll watching the Notre Dame game this afternoon at a friends' house, and I've elected to bring some beer bread. They had never heard of beer bread, so I'm excited for them to give it a try. Can you honestly think of anything better to go with football than beer? And bread.
This stuff is seriously delicious and SO easy to make. Only three ingredients and no bread hook or machine necessary. It mixes just fine in my stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- 3 cups Self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 12oz bottle Beer
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl. If you don't have self-rising flour, you can use 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder, and 1 1/2 tsp salt.
- Pour your choice of beer into the flour combo and mix. Do not over mix. Just enough to make a lumpy sticky batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50 min to an hour until the crust is golden and crispy.
- If you're feeling extra adventurous, pour 2 Tbsp of melted butter over the loaf immediately after removing it from the oven.
Check out my fantastic sponsor: