Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Water Color Hand Print

When V came home from preschool on Monday, she was so excited to go back "tomorrow". During the day on Monday, they started preparations for a paint project that was happening on Tuesday. My heart broke a little, because V only goes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. In order to not feel so guilty about her missing out on her art project at school, I came up with a project of my own.

Just after Hubster left for work in the morning, the girls and I made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up some water colors. They were anxious to start as soon as we got back home. It took a little preparation first, but I am so excited with how everything turned out.


What you'll need:
  • White cardstock
  • White crayon
  • Water color paint & water
  • Damp paper towel

Directions:
  1. Start by tracing a hand print onto the cardstock using a white crayon. Color the hand print in completely with the white crayon. It's difficult to tell, but if you look at the paper at an angle in the light, you should be able to see it. When in doubt, just keep coloring. Make sure to press a little with the crayon so that there is a decent layer of wax.
  2. Hand over the water colors to the kiddos and let them paint the entire page. No worries if they paint over the hand print.
  3. Once the water colors have dried, take a damp paper towel or cloth, and wipe over the hand print. The water color should all come off in that area. 
An alternative to the hand print that we also did, was to tape down each girls' first initial with masking/painters tape, and let them paint around that. When it dried, I peeled up the tape.





Check out my fantastic sponsor:

10 comments:

  1. Such an awesome idea! Turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great!! Ace did a watercolor project at school that he was so proud to bring home yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to try this with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna have to try this with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this -- I think I might try and see if the kiddos would paint around their hands so we can frame them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I wish my little man would be more into crafting lol Cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like fun, pretty, and she will enjoy it! what a neat idea momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like fun, pretty, and she will enjoy it! what a neat idea momma!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!