Monday, December 24, 2012

If Only In My Dreams...

Lately, I've been feeling less than festive since Hubster isn't home and I was really expecting him by this time. I entered the holiday season with expectations of sending small meaningful gifts to everyone. Of course get the Christmas cards out on time. Make tons of Pinterest projects like placemats and cute home decor. My blogging has also suffered. There are days where I think, "I should write that down," but it never happens. The great ideas that I do have kind of just get pushed to the back of my mind.

All I can focus on lately is homecoming, and it isn't coming nearly quickly enough!

This evening a couple of close Army friends came over for Christmas Eve dinner. Two months ago I was beyond excited for hosting Christmas Eve. I wanted to go all out with tons of delicious food that I slaved over for hours in the kitchen. Nope. Tonight we had chili and cornbread. And to add injury to insult, it wasn't even my good chili. Just crappy crockpot chili and Jiffy corn muffins.

I adore my friends though. They were more than satisfied with chili and being able to hangout with my girls. After dinner we sat around and talked for hours about everything from dog training to gun control to Soldiers who were KIA. I needed that. I've withdrawn from just about everyone significantly lately, mostly due to the fact that we're all in different places in our lives, and it felt good to connect again. Any adult interaction and conversation is also a plus.

Santa skipped up tonight, since he's in Afghanistan with dad. They'll be together on the same plane back in a matter of days, and we'll celebrate Christmas and open gifts as a family then. Tomorrow we might make cookies and I'm considering doing a birthday party for Jesus, so that I don't end up raising total heathens, but we'll see where my motivation level is. This deployment depression has me nuts and I can't wait to kick it to the curb.


I hope that everyone has a very merry Christmas with their loved ones!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!