Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

For many mothers, Mother's Day starts out with sleeping late and breakfast in bed or a nice brunch at a fancy restaurant. Chores are taken care of and there isn't a worry in the world. The evening may call for dressing up and a delicious dinner cooked by someone else.

For me, and thousand of other mothers with deployed husbands, today was just like any other day. Sweat pants, messy bun and all.

The babies woke up at an ungodly hour. Breakfast was the usual fight. "Yogurt. No, waffles! No, grapes! Chocolate milk! No, yogurt! Toast! Toast! Toast! Juuuuice!" Diapers needed to be changed and hair needed to be brushed. I wouldn't trade my little battle buddies for the world though. There is no one other than my husband that I would rather wake up next to.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the ladies who are currently holding down the fort alone. We are one holiday closer to seeing our loved ones again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!