Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Vinegar Fabric Softener & Washing Machine Freshener

It wasn't up until recently that I discovered all of the magical cleaning powers that vinegar has. My washing machine had a nasty mildewy stink so I took to the internet to find a solution. Previously, I had tried loading the white load full of bleach but that didn't work.

Someone on Yahoo! Answers (my answer to everything) suggested adding 3/4 cup of white vinegar to the next laundry cycle to help get rid of the smell. It worked like a charm! The smell was out of my washing machine and the clothes.

Add 3/4 cup of white vinegar to your rinse cycle

From then on, I've always made sure to add vinegar to every laundry load just to make sure that the washer stayed clean.

Through Pinterest, I learned that vinegar also makes a great fabric softener. It's safe, natural and chemical free. Not to mention much cheaper than buy actual fabric softener. Using vinegar as a fabric softener is also a great alternative for people who are sensitive to the scents in fabric softeners. The vinegar completely washes out so you don't smell anything on your clothes at all!

Instead of buying or making you own fabric softener, consider adding 3/4 cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle of your next load of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!