Monday, October 27, 2014

Catching Up

It's been over a week since I last blogged! Whoops. Life has been busy lately. I am now attempting to get back on track. My calendar is full, let's just see if I actually have time to type what I have planned.

Hawaii sandy beach

Last weekend, our best friends from Georgia (also Adri's Godparents), flew into town for a visit. It's had been nearly a year since we had last seen them, but with friends like those, you can always pick up exactly where you left off. Unfortunately, we had a few downpours from a hurricane passing through, so a majority of their visit was rained out. Regardless, we had a fantastic time. Whether it was hanging out on the couch watching HGTV or out and about touring Oahu.

It's always nice when people visit here. It's really the only time that we go out and do the touristy things. This time around, I got many more items crossed off of my Hawaiian bucket list. There was even a day where the boys were golfing and the girls were at school that my friend and I got to drive around the island just taking pictures. I've always wanted to do that, but I would never go on my own.

While the BFFs were here, we did several new things. We went to the Dole Plantation for the first time, and I finally got to try the Dole Whip, which was a bucket list item of mine. Bleh. It wasn't even that great. The only thing that saved it was the chunks of pineapple that John added on top.

Dole Pineapple Plantation - Oahu - Dole Whip

I bet you didn't know that pineapples actually grow above ground..!

Dole Pineapple Plantation - Oahu - Pineapple growing above ground

We also went to another luau. This time, at the Hale Koa. Last time we had friends visit, we went to the Paradise Cove luau. Both were great, but for different reasons. I'll be posting a comparison eventually.

Hale Koa - Oahu - Luau

My favorite part of the entire visit was the last night though. I insisted that everyone had to stay awake until at least 10:00. John and I are used to going to bed around 8ish and the friends were still dealing with jet lag, but we managed to stay awake until about 11:00, mostly bullshitting and catching up while sipping on pomegranate tequila from the girls' little plastic cups.

Now that our visitors are gone and we won't have anyone else visiting until Thanksgiving, I'll be catching up on the blog.

6 comments:

  1. Did you know that pineapples are berries and that each plant only produces one fruit per year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pineapple plantations they are so fun to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of sad that the Dole whip wasn't that great...I've heard so many people rave about it! Glad you got a great visit with friends though!! We have yet to go to a luau so I'm super excited to read your comparison post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dole whip looks.. ehh.
    But that picture of you and the youngest nugget is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually only learned that about pineapples when we visited places in Okinawa that grew them. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to have friends come visit! Love that last picture of you and the babe. so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!