Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Month To Go

In just one month, Hubs will graduate from the Captain's Career Course, at Fort Leonard Wood. It finally feels like the end of the tunnel is visible. Finally. After graduation, we'll be heading home to Florida to spend some time with friends and family, before heading off to Hawaii.


We should have orders by the end of the week , which will allow us to get the ball rolling on all of the important stuff. We'll be able to break our lease, get a date for the movers to come, and actually figure out what we're going to do when it comes to shipping the cars and traveling.

Once the orders come, we'll also be able to buy our tickets to Hawaii! Since we'll be flying from Florida instead of Missouri, we have to buy the tickets ahead of time and get reimbursed later. We're still trying to figure out if we'd prefer shorter flights with more layovers, or to try to do it with the least amount of layovers and just get there.

Flying the dog over is going to be another challenge. Thankfully he doesn't fly over until a month after we've already been there. I should be finding out the exact date that he can enter Hawaii this Friday.

Slowly but surely, we're getting there. We've got two military balls and plenty to do in the next month, so I expect the time to speed up just a tad. I can't wait to actually get into PCS mode. It'll be any day now!

Love, Alex

Visit my wonderful sponsor:

15 comments:

  1. A month will go by so fast!! Especially with all you have going on. Before you know it you will be on the beach with a drink in your hand! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! A month will go by super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Best of luck on your move to Hawaii! So glad you found a way to bring your pup, so often they get left behind because of e quarantine standards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow time is flying by so fast! You will be settled in Hawaii before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While layovers are nice, you have to be prepared that every layover can lead to delays (which with kids is a nightmare) good luck getting the ball rolling and really enjoy your trip to see family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took a long flight from Atlanta to Honolulu. It was easier for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missouri to Hawaii - such a far cry from one to the other! I want to hear more about the dog moving process when it goes down. I have a feeling I'm going to need all the information I can get my hands on to prepare...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the worst ... flying East coast to Hawaii. It's the longest travel day on the planet. With kids I don't know how people do it. Lots of juice in the laptop, iPad and any other device to keep them occupied I guess.
    Good luck with that mama.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow -- its really coming up! Time is going to fly now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can't wait to see the pictures of Hawaii! I had a dream that Anthony got orders to there, even though that would never ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I vote for no layovers and lots of benadryl!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lot on your plate but change is good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost there. And Hawaii will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! My name is Tiffany and I don't keep a blog of my own but really enjoy reading lots of different blogs, yours being one. I am also an Army wife and am living in St. Louis as my husband is currently assigned to the NGA here. We have a daughter who is almost 4 months old and a pup and will be PCSing to Hawaii in December. I just wanted to leave a comment letting you know that I like to read your blog and will be following along with your PCS experience and hoping to get some tips on this big move!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!