Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Care Package

I'll admit that this care package was not up to my abnormally high standards. At least in the contents department. The decorations came out awesome, but with Hubs packing up and shipping his stuff very soon, I figured it would be useless to send him a bunch of little toys and gadgets that take up space. They've been eating MRE's pretty consistently so real food is probably most appreciated anyway.


This package included:
  • 6 cans Arizona tea
  • 2 can mango juice
  • 1 box Poptarts
  • 1 box Dunkin Donut Pumpkin K-Cup (yes, they have a Keurig in Afghanistan)
  • 2 Compleats meals
  • 3 Old El Paso Stuffers
  • 2 tuna lunch kits
  • 1 bag Chex Muddy Buddies
  • Tons of Candy
  • 1 Jason mask
  • CONFETTI!
  • Extra special Halloween costume



I strategically taped the spider web to the box so that hopefully it looks like the picture above when Hubs opens it. V helped me decorated the outside with stickers and more confetti.


The "costume" that I sent is an Optimus Prime rank patch that I ordered from OML Patches for $5.50. In his fraternity, his nickname was Optimus Prime so I thought it'd be a cute little joke for him. I got the idea from another Soldier who had a Batman rank patch. I also ordered one on ACU fabric so that he can have one once he comes home.


Please continue to help spread the word about missing Soldier SGT Robert Larson. He is confirmed to have been in Gary, Indiana on Oct 9.

Also, don't forget to enter the Cleava giveaway! Only a couple of days left!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. How cute! I love this idea


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome care package! I loved sending kyle themed boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I was never that creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you sent your husband 2 costumes. A soldier can never be too prepared.

    I found you on the TGIF Blog Hop and look forward to reading future entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I'm sure he will love it! I love how you constructed it to open! (: I am your blog angel. I hope you have seen somewhat of a difference! Let me know what I can do better. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, As you said that "I figured it would be useless to send him a bunch of little toys and gadgets that take up space" i am agree with you. Don't send care package which are useless & taking more space or anything else. Always keep in mind what they want at that situation or moment, send him necessary things those are useful for him. Again good work, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!