Saturday, February 8, 2014

16 Week Bumpdate

Yesterday marked 16 weeks of pregnancy! We're getting closer and closer to being half-way, and being able to find out what the gender of baby munchkin will be.

At this point, our little one is about the size of an avocado, at 4.5 inches head to rump, and weighing in at around 3.5 ounces. I've taken some belly pics, but really, the pictures are still just of my chubby belly. During my last appointment, the doctor pointed out that my uterus was still very far down in my pelvis. Currently, it's a little bit higher, but still, my pictures are mostly of a food baby. The little should be doubling in size over the next few weeks, which I'm quite excited about.

Lately, I've been feeling really good. I didn't have too much morning sickness to begin with, but it feels like it's mostly subsided. I still crave a nice afternoon nap, but I no longer feel like I could sleep all day. Basically, I hardly feel pregnant anymore.

This week I'll have an OB appointment, where I'll most likely get to see the little one. Yay! The ultrasounds are always nice confirmation, especially since I haven't felt anything yet. I'm sure I'll have another update then.

I've decided to only do these little "bumpdates" every four weeks, since really, there aren't any super major changes that I'm going to want to blog about weekly. Third-child syndrome has already set in. Four weeks also works perfectly since many major milestones happen around these time. The next update will be at 20 weeks, which is when we'll be finding out the gender. 


Love, Alex

Visit my wonderful sponsor:

2 comments:

  1. It feels like the time is flying by! :) Can't wait to see how adorable you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out the gender! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!