Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Super Bowl Weekend

Happy Monday! Was anyone watching the big game yesterday? I did, kind of. I was mostly in the kitchen chatting. I honestly wasn't really interested in either team, and it wasn't even a good game. After Denver got rid of Tebow, I'm kind of glad they lost. Take that, Broncos!

We had some old(ish) and new(ish) friends over to watch the game, and surprisingly, I had a great time. Normally, I get myself all worked up and stressed out about having people over and making sure everything is perfect. This time, however, I told myself from the very beginning that I would just go with the flow. Everything turned out more or less how I wanted, and I was able to enjoy myself.


We kept it pretty simple with the snack food. I made beer bread, and spinach and herb dip, and everything else was pretty much just tossed on a plate or bowl. Making the dip consisted of mixing Greek yogurt, mayo, and some herbs, so I don't know if that even actually counts as made. At half time Hubster grilled some steaks which were served with rice, black beans, and fried plantains. The hardest part of that for me was putting the rice and water in the rice cooker. The beans and plantains just needed to be heated. Easy peasy. Maybe that's why I wasn't really stressed.

We had a bunch of kids over as well, and other than Veronica freaking out about people touching her stuff, that went pretty smoothly as well. The girls' rooms are sort of set up, but not completely, so it wasn't an issue that there were toys and things thrown everywhere.

Miraculously, my amazing husband was able to take care of the majority of the unpacking, and the house was presentable. I've used pregnancy as an excuse to not do anything lately. The guest room still has a bunch of boxes in it, but we used it for the kids to watch Netflix, which wasn't a big deal. The master bedroom still looks like a tornado blew through it, but I cleverly locked Caesar in there to keep everyone out. He gets a little crazy when he has too many people to play with. He was probably curled up on our bed the entire time anyway, so I know he didn't mind too much.

Saturday was pretty boring. Most of the day was spent cleaning, with a little bit of prep. We also took a quick trip to the mall to pick up two of my rings from Zales. Hubster recently got a ring guard/enhancer thing for a ring that he bought me back in college. Originally, the enhancer didn't fit right, so we took it back to have it adjusted. It looks worse now. I was pretty bummed about it, but just took it anyway. They offered to "try again" but I honestly didn't want anything to come back in worse condition. The worst part was that Hubster was so irked about. He really does try so hard to make me happy.

Other than my ring issue, I had a terrific weekend. I can't believe that they weekend is over already, but with any luck, the week will fly by just as quickly.

How was your weekend?

Love, Alex

Visit my wonderful sponsor:

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, whoa, whoa. As a Broncos fan, I would like to point out that a fair number of us were disappointed when they cut Tebow (I mean, I own his jersey. What can I do with it now?). And you should thank us. If we hadn't cut him, he wouldn't have made those hysterical commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the ring! :( I'm so glad you had a good weekend besides that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Sorry about your ring. I don't do football so I capitalized on the fact that everyone else watches the super bowl and took all the kids grocery shopping :) haha! It was amazing we were the only ones in the store!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the ring, but thanks for having us over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your ring! Not fun!

    Seems like a nice weekend was had though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!