Friday, February 28, 2014

Awesome Mom

I've been trying extra hard to make life extra enjoyable for the girls lately. Our collection of Pinterest projects and activities has been coming along rather nicely. However, this post isn't about me. It's all about my awesome mom who flew into town this week.

My mom flew in on Monday, and stayed until today. On the two days that Veronica was in school, she worked all day putting my house together. No lie, she did more unpacking and cleaning in those two days than Hubs and I have done in the two months that we've been living here. All of the framed art and family photos that we had lying against the walls are now hung up.

The mountains of laundry that were hanging out in the laundry room waiting to be washed, folded, and put away are gone. And when I say mountains, I mean mountains. For the most part, everything we own had been sitting in boxes in a garage or warehouse for about nine months, so it needed to be washed. I never got around to really washing more than the clothes that we wear regularly and our bedding. She went as far as ironing pillowcases and place mats.

On her day off, I thought it would be nice to head to the beach. After grabbing a drive thru lunch, we headed to the North Shore. I like the North Shore best since it's the closet beach to Schofield, and the waves are monstrous this time of year. Aside from dipping our toes, we didn't really go in the water. The girls horsed around in the sand, and we sat close by, enjoying the view.


It was really nice to have my mom around for a few days. I'm so appreciative of everything she did to help out for the past few days. I'm hoping that she'll be back in a few weeks, when she has some more time off from work to just be able to hang out. If not, she'll definitely be here in July with my dad for baby #3.

Speaking of baby #3, we find out the gender exactly one week from today. Any guesses on whether it'll be a boy or a girl? I'll be posting next week with some old wives tales that might have the answer.

And now I can finally say that a house tour post will be coming sooner rather than later. If it had been up to me, we'd still have boxes cluttering the halls and rooms. I'm so happy that our house is finally starting to feel like a home.


Love, Alex

Visit my wonderful sponsor:

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome mom you have! :) I'm sure she loved feeling helpful for you too. Can't wait to see the house tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that your mom could visit. I'm sure she doesn't mind that you're in Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to enjoy time with your Mom! That's so special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a fun time when moms come to town to spend time with you and the kiddos. It sounds like she was a huge help while she was there!

    xoxo
    Lanaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwee! What a great mom! My mom did the same. haha

    I'm guessing BLUE. Yep, it's gonna be a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when my mom comes to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Moms! My mom fixes up my garden when she visits. I could care less about it so she gets rid of weeds and such for me.

    You're having a Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for moms right? And especially while pregnant and you just want to do nothing!!!! Moms come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom's are the best = specially when you have the best mother in the world.........!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!