Monday, August 20, 2012

Carnival Liberty - Exotic Eastern Caribbean - Day 3

Sea day! Hubster and I used sea days to kind of chill and bum around the ship. Oh, and eat. We really didn't do much other than that.


Early on in the morning we went up to the Serenity area and hung out in a hammock with the Nook. The Serenity area was seriously a blessing on this trip! With it still being summer time and there being so many children on the cruise, it was great to be able to be away from them. And I guess because so many parents didn't want to leave their kids behind, the Serenity area was usually pretty empty. The attendant did a great job of keeping kids out.


On the last cruise we went on, Hubs spent more money than he should have on art at the auctions. This time he insisted that we check them out. He's all about the Statue of Liberty/American Flag art. Thankfully, he had no interest in the art that they were offering this time so we got our free champagne, looked around a little bit and left!

My favorite part of this first sea day was that it was also the first formal dinner night. Not only do you get to dress up and be all pretty, but usually the menu is a fancier-ish. For dinner on this night, Hubster got shrimp and lobster. They shrimp and lobster were both kinda small but Hubs said they were good. I am a beef girl so I went with the steak. Medium-rare. Yum.




 On their menus, Carnival offers a "Didja" option as an appetizer. "Didja" as in, "didja ever try ___". On this night gator fritters were being offered. Usually I am not adventurous when it comes to food. At all. I did give these a try though and they were good! I'm not sure if alligator is normally sweet, but these had a hint of sweetness. They weren't tough or chewy at all. I guess I wouldn't expect a fritter to be tough though.


On this night, just like every other night, I had the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert. This thing is amazing! If you're on a Carnival cruise, you need to try this! I had one of these for dessert every single night. That's also partially because the other desserts didn't interest me. A huge warning, most of the sugar free, healthy desserts suck. Sorry.


Tomorrow's blog cruising covers the beautiful island of St. Thomas. You can check out the first two days of Hubster and I's cruising adventure below.

Carnival Liberty - Exotic Eastern Caribbean:
  • Day 1 -Leaving Miami
  • Day 2 - Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
  • Day 4 - St. Thomas, USVI
  • Day 5 - San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Day 6 - Grand Turks, Turks and Caicos
  • 2 comments:

    1. Looks like you and your hubby are having a wonderful time. Someday I'd love to go on a cruise with my man. Gator isn't something I'd normally eat but, like you, is something I'd try once.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. We've decided that cruising is probably the best way for us to vacation. I feel like we get more bang for our buck and are able to see/do more. I didn't try any of the other Didja things because they were just too crazy but I'm glad that I did try the alligator.

        Delete

    I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!