Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am slowly but surely getting back into this blogging thing. Hopefully I can get into a routine and make it more frequent. I think that by giving myself a topic to write about, I can get into the habit. So, I've decided to start doing Thankful Thursday after seeing it on a couple of other blogs. With all that has happened and is happening within Hubster's unit, I feel like I have a ton to be thankful for.

After being home for 15 amazing days, Hubster returned to Afghanistan yesterday. Although I was sad to see him go, I am thankful that he was able to come home for a short visit. I am thankful that Hubster is healthy and physically able to be in the Afghanland to do the job that he loves doing. I am thankful that unlike a couple of the unit wives, my husband is alive. I can still look forward to welcoming him home again in a couple months. It might not be very often, but I am still able to receive the occasional email or phone call.

1 comment:

  1. I found you on TGIF Blog Hop and am now a follower. I am also an Army wife and a toddler mom. We have not been through a deployment yet so I don't know what that has been like for you but I love your thankful Thursday post, you seem to have a positive outlook on what your family is going through.

    I would love it if you would stop by and visit my blog. www.battlingthehomefront.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!