Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Georgia Peaches

This afternoon, the babies and I met up with Madeline and her baby to walk the 3 mile loop at the park near our houses. The walk went well but, let me tell you, 2 babies later and I am not in the same shape I used to be. I had a bit of difficulty trying to power walk while pushing a stroller while trying to hold a conversation. I made it through though! It took us just under an hour.

Once we finished up our walk, the 5 of us moseyed over to the farmer's market that had just opened. There were plenty of actual farmer's selling their produce but there were also baked goods, meat and jewelry for sale. Madeline took me to the guys she gets her produce from and I picked up some peaches and tomatoes. We walked a bit further and I bought skirt steak. The beef is grassfed and it was cheaper than I get it at Publix!

 

When we got home, the first thing I did after unloading the kiddies was chop up a few pieces of a peach and stuck it in the little baby-fruit-juice-sucker-net. My little Georgia peach, Baby A loved it! V, not so much. 

After dinner, I blended up the remaining half of the peach with some water and fed it to Baby A. She liked it much better in the net thing. I got a couple little ugly faces.


We made plans to get together again next week and do the walk and market thing again. The exercise does me well and it's fantastic to socialize with someone the same age as me with a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!