Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flower Girl Practice

When I was a little girl, I was the flower girl in my uncle's wedding. I was probably three or four years old without a clue as to what was happening or what I was supposed to do. I walked down the entire aisle without dropping a single petal. Oops. Over 20 years later, I still think "fawk, what a bad one". Needless to say, that marriage ended in divorce.

I've probably mentioned the fact that we're going to a wedding this weekend a thousand times. I don't know if I've mentioned that V is going to be a flower girl though. I've taken it upon myself to do some practice rounds in our living room so that V doesn't run through the church aimlessly come Saturday.

I used my Cricut to cut out a ton of paper flowers in pink and yellow which were all tossed into an old Easter basket. I folded the majority of the flowers in half to make them easier to grab and give them a little bit of volume in the basket. No Cricut? A bunch of paper squares would probably work just as well.




We've probably done more practice than necessary, to ensure that she doesn't walk down the aisle with out dropping a single petal and remain traumatized for the rest of her life. Thanks mom. (:



post signature

4 comments:

  1. How cute ~ what a great idea too!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! I love that you're having her practice. My husband's niece was the flower girl at his grandpas second wedding and she dumped it at the beginning of the isle and then ran to her mom. She was terrified of all of the people.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!