Friday, July 26, 2013

Berry Sexy Vanilla Sunrise

This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and SlimFast. This post is brought to you by SlimFast. All thoughts and content are my own.

TGIF! If your week has been anything like mine, you're probably in dire need of a drink or four. Lucky for you, I have a fantastic drink recipe to pass along. Slim Fast sent me a product sample as well as drink recipes to try and share. Now I have to admit, I wasn't all that keen on trying an alcoholic drink with Slim Fast in. For me, alcohol and dairy type drinks don't mix. I've never had a White Russian, nor do I know what it is, or anything like Bailey's. I've never tried SlimFast either.

Even though I was a bit hesitant, I am so glad I tried a Berry Sexy Vanilla Sunrise. It was GOOD! This drink, and a few others, were created exclusively for SlimFast by DR Mixologist, Darryl Robinson, host of “Drink up” on The Cooking Channel. You can check out the recipes for the delicious cocktails and mocktails here. Each of these drinks contains only 130-190 calories per serving*. I'd say that's a win.


Ingredients:
  • 2 oz SlimFast French Vanilla Shake
  • 1 oz white rum OR 1 oz raspberry rum
  • 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1-2 pieces of fresh ginger - to taste
  • 1 tsp agave syrup OR 1 tsp honey
  • 1 ice cube; Add more as needed for smooth consistency
  • Additional berries for garnish

Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Enjoy responsibly.

Prior to this I had never tried SlimFast, I'm almost positive that I'll be picking up a case when I go shopping next week. Not only was the cocktail great, but the shake itself was good! I'm looking forward to trying the other cocktail recipes.

Check out the new SlimFast cocktail/mocktail recipes and start slimming** for summer by visiting http://wow.slim-fast.com/cocktailrecipes.pdf


*Cocktails are not a part of the SlimFast 3-2-1 plan. Only occasional use recommended. You must be 21+ to consume alcohol and please drink responsibly.

**Losing more than 2lbs per week is not recommended. Exercise 30 minutes daily and follow the SlimFast plan.

Check out my fantastic sponsor:

5 comments:

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!