Friday, July 12, 2013

Green Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

In the quest to become healthier Hubster and I have tried to make some better choices as to what we put into our bodies. Now we aren't going super crazy by completely cutting carbs or dairy or anything like that, but we are trying to incorporate more fruits, veggies, and lean protein. For the past month or two Hubs and I have been making green smoothies for breakfast. It was scary to try at first, but these actually taste pretty good and they allow you go start your day with some fruit and vegetables in your system.


Ingredients:
  • 2 Bananas
  • 2 cups Milk (your choice, but obviously the healthier, the better)
  • 3 tablespoons Chocolate Powder (think Carnation Instant Breakfast or Ovaltine)
  • 1 cup Frozen Spinach
  • 3 - 4 Ice Cubes

Directions:
  1. Start by tossing your banana into your blender. You don't have to slice it, but I've found that breaking them in half works best.
  2. Pour in your milk and chocolate, then blend until smooth
  3. Add your frozen spinach and ice cubes. If have a good blender, you can just dump everything in at the beginning. 
  4. Blend until the little green chunks are gone. About 30 seconds.
Recipe makes 2 servings.
We love these smoothies because they're super quick and easy for breakfast, and taste great! Other than having it's green color, you can't tell that there is spinach in it at all. While this smoothie may not be the perfectly healthy option for everyone, these are perfect for the everyday person just looking to replace their doughnut or muffin in the morning. And worry not vegetable haters, you don't taste the spinach at all! It blends right in and hides.

Check out my fantastic sponsor:

9 comments:

  1. It just seems weird .. with spinach I mean but I'll have to try it at least once in my life!
    I'm a smoothie maker too in the mornings..

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried protein powder instead of just chocolate powder? It's def not as sweet, but it does have more protein. And I've been interested in doing these; I just wonder how the green veggies wind up tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my green drinks! I agree, the green scared me a bit on my first try because spinach? Ew. I like to add a squeeze of lemon juice to mine to cut the veggie taste especially if I use spinach and kale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been tempted to try green smoothies just haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd try it. But I mainly have a handful of cookies for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys should try Shakeology! It's one of the most healthy things you can put into your body. I use it as a meal replacement but you can also use it as an afternoon snack. You can check it out on my blog on the beachbody link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, smoothies are good and fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good! The great thing about smoothies is you can alter it to how you like it and there are so many options! I have yet to try one with spinach but I always hear good things about it so I know I must try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks yummy, I just found you on Operation create your own path, I am also a military spouse blogger, new follower on bloglovin
    Domesticated Breakdown

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!