Monday, July 15, 2013

Meal Planning Monday - Week 18

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? We took the girls to the park on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was the splash park which also had Relay for Life going on at the park, and Sunday was the dog park on post followed by a playground close by. Poor Caesar, all the dogs left shortly after we got there, so he was stuck playing with us.

Due to government furloughs (kinda), I'll be changing the way I do my meal planning now. I've started shopping at both the Commissary and Walmart in an effort to save some money. Well, due to budget cuts, our Commissary is now closed on Mondays. I guess I should feel lucky that it was even open seven days a week to begin with. Because of this, I won't be shopping until Tuesdays.

Since I suck at planning, I don't trust myself to come up with a meal plan by Monday if I won't be shopping until Tuesday. So, from now on, I'll be posting what my meal plan was for the previous week. Luckily, I missed posting a plan last week, so I can just post that plan today. This also means that maybe I'll get to include some yummy food photos.


Week 18 Menu:
Monday: Creamy Noodles and Beef
Tuesday: Chicken Parmesan with Angel Hair
Wednesday: Soup, Salad & Bread Sticks
Thursday: Puff Pastry Chicken Pie
Friday: Mango Glazed Salmon
Saturday: Grilled Sausage & Peppers on a bun
Sunday: Spaghetti Tossed with Tomatoes & Grilled Zucchini

Please take a second to check out my newest sponsor Breanna, below.


Hop rules:
1. Follow your hosts. Alejandra at Munchkins and the Military and Lisa at Sorority Life to Army Wife.
2. Link up your weekly meal plan or favorite recipe.
3. Check out a few other blogs!






Check out my fantastic sponsor:

6 comments:

  1. Ours is now closed Monday and Tuesday since Monday was the normal closed day. At the last duty station, it was closed Sunday and Monday so it is now closed Sunday through Tuesday. These furloughs stink.

    The creamy noodles and beef sounds good! We are getting ready to move so we are making random meals of what is left in our pantry and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every post we have been at (except here) the commissaries were always closed on Mondays even before the furloughs started. I don't shop at the commissary anyway unless I have the desire to punch someone haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drive 30 minutes to shop at the commissary [call me crazy!!] because nothing around here beats the prices! Occasionally Walmart will ... but otherwise, no way! Ours has always been closed on Mondays ... so I shopped on Tuesday. But now had to bump that to Wednesdays because of the furlough! I kinda like it though -- now Tuesday is freed up to take the kids to library story time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a terrible person and have yet to plan my meal. But yours sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suck at meal planning. Brian's schedule has us thrown for a loop so I never know if he is going to be home at night and it doesn't make sense for me to make a big dinner for Rey and I because of that.
    So ... here we go trying to figure it out.
    I swear cereal should not be a nightly staple. Well, that and Mac n Cheese. Ugh..

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm... mango glazed salmon! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!