Tuesday, July 2, 2013

When Migraines Attack

Scheduling posts has been going fabulously for me for the past week or so. I take a little time out of my evening to get something together for the next morning, schedule a time and go to bed happy. I've even got some stuff ready to go for later on this week. Last night I wasn't able to get a post done for today because at the evening settled in, so did a migraine. I've only been dealing with this for the past two-ish years, so I am sympathetic to those of you who have been dealing your whole lives.

© Fredgoldstein | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images
When I get migraines, the rest of the world around me has to stop. I started developing these headaches while I was pregnant with Adri. My doctor thought it was odd since normally migraines go away during pregnancy. Since then, it's gotten progressively worse to the point where sometimes it causes me to throw up. Even though it wasn't horrible last night, I definitely didn't feel like sitting in front of a computer.

Thankfully I'm feeling better this afternoon. I'll be taking my migraine medication when I'm supposed to in order to avoid being paralyzed again.

On another note, you mommies who are about ready to lose your minds due to the evil minions you've created need to Raising Reagan. I'm seriously hoping that I'm able to start letting go of the little things.
check out Lanaya's new parenting series at

Also, if you have the ability to, consider donating to the Make It Visible cause here. The Make It Visible mission is to build nine centers at major military bases across the country. These centers will provide access to the quality care and support needed to treat service members suffering from TBI and PTS.

Check out my fantastic sponsor:

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, I used to get terrible migraines but since I had my son, I barely get them anymore. I'm sorry, I know they suck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw .. thanks for the shout out mama. I hope you feel better. Migraines are so cruel and while I don't suffer from them, Brian does on occasion and it sucks seeing him like that. Too bad I wasn't there to help with the girls .. cause I totally would.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Migraines are the worst, I had one last night too. Hope you are feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck, I hope your migraines stay away for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only had two migraines in my life... and they were painful and scary! I hope your medication works well for you and those bad headaches go away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate migraines so much! I haven't had one in awhile *knock on wood* but they definitely put me out of commission for at least a day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!