Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We Are Potty Trained!

Just last week I was typing up a post about how frustrating potty training was becoming. No matter what I tried, we weren't getting anywhere. We started when V was right around 20 months and she is now well over three years old. Lately we've been trying harder than usual to try to get her to go on her own, because most of the kids in her daycare are potty trained, and she's the only one in her gymnastics class that still wears a Pull-Up.

I don't know how or why, but last week, it suddenly just happened! Completely on her own, without me having to ask, she started going to the bathroom all on her own last week! Since we were gone over the weekend, it was probably a little harder for her to stay on track, but she did it. If we were away from the hotel, she'd ask an adult to take her to the restroom.

Today we start the exciting journey of big girl undies! I bought a package of Hello Kitty undies way back when I thought we were actually serious about potty training. After far too many accidents, I thought it would be best to go back to Pull-Ups for a little. Because of the awesome job that she's been doing, I'm pretty confident that I won't have to deal with any soaked clothing or puddles on the floor. We won't be heading out anywhere today so I won't have to worry about accidents in public.


I seriously can't tell you how ecstatic I am that this day is finally here! I was beginning to get worried about preschool and her having to be trained for that. Not only that, but diapers for two kids are freaking expensive!! I'm thinking I'll probably wait a little longer to start trying to potty train Adri. I just hope it'll be easier with V as an example for her.

Check out my fantastic sponsor:

12 comments:

  1. WooHoo!! That's the best feeling isn't it? Success!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accomplishing potty training is something worth being excited about! So glad she decided it was time. It probably helps to have her peers using the restroom and it's just easier to join the group, maybe? Either way it's done! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I hope that happens with us soon!! I know I shouldn't fret about it, but it is hard not to. Congrats and I'm so glad you don't have to buy diapers for 2 any more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO JEALOUS. Sam shows no interest whatsoever in the potty. Should I encourage standing and just suffer through the inevitable clean up? Make him sit? Is that weird for boys? Isn't it natural for them to stand? Isn't this a man's job? Why can't he wear a diaper forever? Congratulations on your big girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for this day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I was so thrilled when Natalie was potty trained.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You give me hope! We have tried with Ev on and off since she was 18 months. At first she was just not ready! 2nd time she was suddenly really into it and then got scared of the toilet, then we tried again this week and she was into it for a day and the next day she just refused to pee at all! Finally she ran behind some furniture and pee'd. She's just scared of the toilet again, so we decided we better wait a little longer. I just always offer it to her, and ask her if she wants to go. But that gives me hope that Ev will do it one day wether its on my time or hers. :) yay for potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I remember thinking S was going to be in diapers/pull-ups FOR.EVER! Then I realized something -- for her, pull ups felt just like a diaper. She didn't really care that she was peeing in them. So I took everything away all together. We had a couple accidents in the first few days, but nothing since. I'll never use them again!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!