Friday, July 19, 2013

My Favorite Apps for Making Money

Being that I'm a stay at home mom, I don't exactly have a source of income. When celebrations like anniversaries or Husbter's birthday (which is in a few weeks) come up, I find it kind of weird to give him gifts purchased with the money he earned. Even though I have a pretty sweet blog, pennies a day aren't cutting.  Thanks to a friend, I discovered some really awesome apps that I'm so excited to share with you guys!! In about a month I've made a nice small amount of money, but every little bit helps, right?


  • Gympact - about $8 in a month: I've shared this one before. It rewards you for meeting your gym goals each week. For each day you complete, you make some money. Lately, the rewards have been $0.45-0.55 for each day. If you don't work out, it charges you a predetermined amount. I have mine set to charge me $5, and thankfully that hasn't happened yet. You can either use the app by checking into your gym, or like me, keeping it on you while you're moving for at least 30 minutes. Once you've earned over $10 it's easy to transfer to PayPal.
  • iPoll - $31.58 in less than a month: This one is my favorite by far! It's been so easy to earn a ton of money. Just two days ago, I had a $10 mission to go into Walmart, take a photo of an aisle, and then answer some questions about it. Yesterday I did a similar mission for $5. Not bad, huh? There are also a ton of surveys that you can take that earn you a pretty decent amount. Think $1-$5 per survey. Not the $.25 that I'm used to with other survey sites, plus it seems a lot easier to qualify. The downside to this app is that you need to use the website to cash in. They have options for all sorts of gift cards, magazine subscriptions, and PayPal.
  • Field Agent - $3.00 in a week: Field Agent is great because it offers much higher paying jobs, but they're also a bit more difficult. There are some surveys, but the bulk of this app, or at least the best paying part, is taking pictures of store displays and product placement. It's been a little bit difficult for me to make a ton of money using this app because the selection at our Walmart isn't the largest. Often times the mission asks for an image of a bar code of a product that I can't find. 
  • Shopkick - 394 kicks this month: This app is perfect for those of you whole live in larger cities. You can earn "kicks" to use towards gift cards simply by checking into stores. I've used this when visiting St. Louis and it was great! After checking into Macy's I got around 200 kicks as well as a 15% off coupon. Not a bad deal. I've also been able to earn kicks the the local Walmart by scanning products and then answering a few questions about the product. 
Shopkick
Obviously, this won't be replacing the income that the military provides, but it's a nice little extra each month that I can spend guilt free. 

Do you have some favorite money making apps that I didn't mention here? I'd love to try out some other ones!

Check out my fantastic sponsor:



7 comments:

  1. I will have to check out these apps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just rediscovering all this stuff, since I couldn't do it overseas. I love this kinda crap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never knew these were out there. Thanks for the info. That's great to know and I will def look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I will have to check these apps out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Im going to have to get the GymPact app. Do you set your goals each week, or does it just charge you if you aren't in there every day!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use shopkick but I'm going to try ipoll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try reciept hog, checkpiints, jingit, and ibotta

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!