Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Growing Girl

When I started thinking out this post, I didn't even realize that my littlest baby would be 17 months old today. It seems like my baby has become my second big girl, all in the blink of an eye. I love watching her grow and discover new things. I kind of feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that I was the only parent to influence her in her first year of life. I'm one proud mommy!!

Anyway, we reached two major milestones over the weekend. The first being that she finally got a big girl car seat. I had wanted to switch her to a forward facing car seat sooner, but I figured that she might be more comfortable laying in her rear facing one for the long days of driving. Adri was beyond thrilled to be in a seat that fit her better. Now she's just like big sis. Sippy cup holder and all. 


Secondly, when we moved into the house, we out together her crib minus the front portion. Yay for toddler bed! Obviously she has a rail to keep her from rolling out, but she's free to get in and out as she pleases. In the morning she's able to crawl out of bed and knock on her door to get our attention, or if big sis left the door open, she just busts into our bedroom. She's done well so far, and only cried a little the first time we put her in.

Day by day we're learning new words. Her favorite right now, "up", but only after she says please. Occasionally there's an "I love you" or "thank you", but those a pretty rare. 



She always wants to do what V is doing. If V has something in her hand, she'll steal it. And God forbid V gets a snack or drink without Adri's following behind closely. The terrible twos are already quickly approaching. I'd definitely say that I have my hands full at this point. 

post signature

7 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest ever. And I didn't even realize our girls (your littlest lady,) are so close!! Mine turns 18 months at the end of this month!

    We had to turn Kenley around at about 13 months because she was quite literally the world's worst baby/toddler in the car. Seriously. Turning her around + the dvd player in our new vehicle were life. savers.

    And YAY for a big girl bed! I'm trying to hold off on putting Kenley in one; lord knows that girl would be into EVERYTHING. Plus, I can't close her door, or our dogs (and cats for that matter,) would have one massive cow. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so darn cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable!

    My daughter loved her toddler bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so cute ... yay for toddler beds! Now you get to chase her around at bedtime when she refuses to go to sleep because she can get out now! Good luck with that! :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both too stinking cute. And YAY for big girl toddler bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. precious little big ones! hope they are liking the new space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid your "baby" is gone. I love that she admires her big sister so much. I bet that is cuter than cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!